So after the completion of our fabulous bedroom & walk in wardrobe I wanted to show our old ensuite bathroom and our ensuite renovation of our new one, including how we achieved it!
We had a small magnolia coloured suite. The plan is to extend into our old dressing area that was in the bedroom and produce a spacious luxury ensuite.
- To achieve this we built a stud wall in the old dressing room area
- Then, we stripped all the old bathroom out
- After, we installed new plumbing & electrics
- Next, we got new lighting and underfloor heating
- Extended our existing ensuite using the old dressing area.
- Installed rainfall extra large shower
- Aqualisa digital remote shower system
- Extra large shower cubicle with built-in shelving-to keep products tidy and off the shower floor.
- Built ( in the shower) unit with recess shelves for decoration and storage.
- Fitted water softener as Dorset has very hard water and we didn’t want limescale anymore!! especially ruining our new bathroom.
- Large tiled floor and all walls
- Built in a double sink unit with 2 under sink large shaped draws in dark grey ‘wenge.’
- With 2 matching tall cupboards- lots of storage
- Large oversized distressed mirror
- Oversized freestanding bath
- Free standing Gerberit toilet
- Underfloor heating
- 2 granite black tall towel rail radiators
- Light grey shutters for the windows.
- Extra large light grey tiles to the walls & dark grey to the floor
- Metallic mosaic decorative tiles to sink splash back and to the middle of the shower wall.
- Along with my love of all things decluttered and organised is my passion and obsession with interiors.
I spent a long time planning colours, design and practicals to produce our wonderful bathroom which we are delighted with.
I feel key to a successful home /room renovation project is planning, shopping around and finding a highly skilled, trustworthy tradesperson who can also advise you using their expertise and experience.
Use colours and products that suit your lifestyle and that are timeless.
Don’t be tempted to follow the latest trend, unless you are confident it will not date.
My planning and vision show what can be achieved and transformed, like our ensuite renovation above. Soon, I will be writing further blogs on the rest of our home renovation.
If I can help you with any interiors, decluttering or organising please do get in contact.