Our Boutique Bedroom & Walk in wardrobe
Along with my love of all things decluttered and organised is my passion and obsession with interiors.
For me the two seem to go together.
So I thought I would share our home renovation at No.14 to let you see what we achieved and what inspired me and show you my interior style and ideas.
As a family we are lucky to have a 6 bedroom house, over two floors of which the kids have their own floor with 2 bedrooms and a bathroom. Their rooms needed decorating but because there were no major changes we can come back to their transformation and start with our bedroom and ensuite bathroom.
Our bedroom had a double bed, 2 bedside cabinets and a dressing area with an ensuite. I have always wanted a walk in wardrobe and larger ensuite. Our daughter has moved upstairs so we decided to knock through a doorway and make that room our walk in wardrobe whilst still having 5 bedrooms.
We moved into our other spare room with ensuite and the renovation began!
● We stripped the bedroom to the floorboards and the natural walk through we wanted into the next room was made
● The bedroom was plastered throughout, and we had the radiators removed and new electrics installed into our bedroom.
- To achieve our new amazing bedroom in our home renovation:
- Existing bed & matching bedside cabinets
- New Amtico flooring
- Wall hung television
- Walk in wardrobe by MisuraEmme Italian Design Furniture by Lamco
- Underfloor heating Fitted marble fireplace with down lighting to give focal point
- Wallpaper & matching curtains by Sanderson
- Bedding – Next and M&S
- Crushed velvet staged armchair – M&S
We totally achieved a simplified clutter free room as it now has minimal furniture but maintained wood within the bed furniture to give texture & warmth.
- Although I know pinks & greys are popular , I love colour and so i wanted to bring that in with fabulous ochre yellow, silver & ink blue. I have used Ink blue pillows and throw to pick up the ink blue in the wallpaper & curtains.
- Silver bedside lights to match silver in decor from Next. As the ceiling isn’t high I couldn’t have a low hanging chandelier but managed to find this low hanging one from BHS when it was still open.
- One of the key feautres in our bedroom is a stunning crushed velvet chair from M&S with matching Ottoman that is in the walk in wardrobe.
Walk in wardrobe:
- Walk in wardrobe by MisuraEmme Italian Design Furniture by Lamco- which included a dressing table , hanging storage & drawers.
- Underfloor heating Sensor lighting in wardrobes New Amtico Flooring
- Crushed velvet ottoman from M&S – matching bedroom armchair.
- Dressing table Mirror remote lighting Distressed gold free standing mirror, left here when we moved in!
- Open doorway gives the flow and impression of one room. Matching roman blind to bedroom curtains from Sanderson- Cowslip in Chinese Yellow.
We are so lucky to have this and the room to implement it, we now have an uncluttered bedroom as our clothes are now in another room.
The light floods through when we have a sunny day! Hopefully soon!
I hope you have enjoyed this and I will be doing more blogs on the whole of our home renovation.
If you need any help getting organised, decluttered or with interiors then please give me a call.